In addition to financial support, Bridges To Learning also welcomes contributions of time and expertise that help sustain the organization and help accomplish its goals. Examples of non-financial support include:
- Administrative and bookkeeping support
- Outreach to potential new sponsors and donors
- Identifying speaking and promotional opportunities
- Translation - Vietnamese/English, English/Vietnamese
- Identifying bilingual educational resources
- Marketing support
- Print and electronic media assistance
- Social networking support
- Fundraising event assistance
- Fundraising assistance
If you have skills that would help support the work of Bridges To Learning, please Contact Us.
Our volunteers are a key component of Bridges to Learning's success. We would like to highlight several:
Sales Team Lead at Outsell, Inc.
BTL involvement: Caring Committee Director at Outsell
- Corporate Liaison for Bridges to Learning
- Solicited local business donations for annual silent auction
- Assists in printing and copy needs
I love helping people in need and being able to bring education and the basic needs of life to students through B2L. My wife and I currently sponsor children both personally and through work.
Project Manager at IBM
BTL Involvement: Silent Auction Manager 2010, 2009, 2008
- Organized incoming auction items
- Coordinated silent auction bidding
- Created auction materials, from bid sheets to final bid input and receipts
I was introduced to Jerri, the Founder, early on in Bridges to Learning's development. After learning about what she was doing, I wanted to make a difference myself and further support her efforts for the Anh Linh School.
Master of Public Policy, University of Minnesota
BTL Involvement: Vietnamese Translator
- Translate student letters and cards to their sponsors
- Engage additional parties in BTL work
I am Vietnamese-American. My parents are from Vietnam and came to the U.S. in 1975. I have a strong interest in helping Vietnam, and I plan to one day open a free school of my own in Vietnam and give back to my ancestral homeland. Through my volunteer work with Bridges to Learning I am staying connected to this history and giving back."